Jane Goodall Academy
Jane Goodall Environmental Sciences Academy (JGESA) promotes a love of learning and creativity as students in grades 6-12 discover and pursue their passions. Our students take ownership of their learning through student driven, project-based learning. Living our mission of “Out of the Classroom, Into the World” JGESA believes that education should not be contained within walls. Students are encouraged to participate in real world learning experiences, connect with subject experts, and explore our campus that includes over 300 acres of woods, prairie, and water.
JGESA offers its students five critical elements:
- A personalized learning community
- Hands-on student directed learning & discovery
- Project-based learning opportunities focused on life skills
- Interaction with professionals in the community, field and classroom
- Environmental emphasis integrated throughout the curriculum